Our Genealogy Helper for Owlseye ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Owlseye (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Owlseye. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Owlseye:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Owlseye ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Owlseye.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Owlseye covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Willow Grove Cemetery
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Owlseye.
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2506733<1>
- St. Paul RC Cemetery
- Rife Anglican Cemetery
- Sideview Cemetery
- St. Mary's Ukrainian Orthodox Church Cemetery
- St. Laurent RC Cemetery
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michael Cemetery
- The St. Michael Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Myrnam.More accurately, St. Michael Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the southeast of Owlseye.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michael Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2531916<1>
- St. Michael Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Owlseye.
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery has also been known as:
- Paraskevia Cemetery
- St. Paraskovia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paroskovia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paroskovia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Elk Point West Cemetery
- Fork Lake Cemetery
- Continue List (15 more) ...
- St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- The St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the south of Myrnam.To be more precise, St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the south of Owlseye.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- Two Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Two Hills Cemetery
- Two Hills Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Owlseye.
- Two Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Two Hills Community Cemetery
- Two Hills Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2284767<1>
- Musidora Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Musidora Cemetery
- Musidora Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the south of Owlseye.
- Musidora Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Dmytry Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musidora Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2382352<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Owlseye. See our List of 1890's Communities around Owlseye.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Owlseye
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Owlseye. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Owlseye) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Owlseye. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0692, Longitude: -111.4361 |