Our Genealogy Helper for Nightingale ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Nightingale (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Nightingale. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Nightingale:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Nightingale ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Nightingale.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Nightingale covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Strathmore Cemetery
- Standard Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the north of Nightingale.
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Zion United Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosebud Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Nightingale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud Cemetery
- Dalemead Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dalemead Cemetery
- Dalemead Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Nightingale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dalemead Cemetery
- Gleichen Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Gleichen Cemetery
- Gleichen Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Nightingale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gleichen Cemetery
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Nightingale.
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery has also been known as:
- Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Rockyview Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131236<2>
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- Acme Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Acme Cemetery
- The Acme Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Acme.To be more precise, Acme Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Nightingale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acme Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2295690<2>
- Swalwell Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Nightingale. See our List of 1890's Communities around Nightingale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Nightingale
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nightingale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nightingale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nightingale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NightingaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nightingale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1500, Longitude: -113.3333 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|