Our Genealogy Helper for Nacmine ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Nacmine (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Nacmine. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Nacmine:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Nacmine ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Nacmine.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Nacmine covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Drumheller Municipal Cemetery
- Munson Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosebud Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Nacmine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud Cemetery
- Sarcee Butte Cemetery
- Delia Cemetery
- Rowley Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Nacmine.
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Swalwell Cemetery
- Standard Cemetery
- Craigmyle Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Three Hills Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Nacmine.
- Three Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Three Hills Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2233201<1>
- St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery
- The St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Craigmyle.More precisely, St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km] to the northeast of Nacmine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery
- Continue List (11 more) ...
- Zion United Cemetery
- Meehan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meehan Cemetery
- The Meehan Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Trochu.To be more precise, Meehan Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Nacmine.
- Meehan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Old Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meehan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2514217<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Nacmine. See our List of 1890's Communities around Nacmine.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Nacmine
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nacmine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nacmine) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nacmine. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NacmineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nacmine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4705, Longitude: -112.7860 |