Our Genealogy Helper for Munson ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Munson (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Munson. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Munson:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Munson ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Munson.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Munson covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Munson Cemetery
- Drumheller Municipal Cemetery
- Sarcee Butte Cemetery
- Rowley Cemetery
- Delia Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosebud Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud Cemetery
- St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery
- The St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Craigmyle.To be more accurate, St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mark Lutheran Cemetery
- Craigmyle Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Three Hills Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Munson.
- Three Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Three Hills Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2233201<1>
- Swalwell Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Munson.
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Meehan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meehan Cemetery
- The Meehan Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Trochu.To be more accurate, Meehan Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Munson.
- Meehan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Old Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meehan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2514217<1>
- Continue List (14 more) ...
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Munson.
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Public Cemetery
- Trochu Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2516820<1>
- Mt. Davis Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Munson. See our List of 1890's Communities around Munson.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Munson
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Munson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Munson) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Munson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MunsonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Munson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5667, Longitude: -112.7500 |