When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Munson.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Munson. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Munson.
Large Airports ...
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 112 miles [180.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Drumheller Muni. (FAA ID: CEG4)
- Drumheller Municipal Airport lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> miles to the south of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drumheller Municipal Airport
- Ostergard's Airport (FAA ID: CDO2)
- Drumheller / Ostergard's Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drumheller / Ostergard's Airport
- Three Hills Airport (FAA ID: CEN3)
- Three Hills Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Airport
- Rockyford Airport (FAA ID: CFC6)
- Rockyford Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockyford Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Beiseker Airport (FAA ID: CFV2)
- Beiseker Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beiseker Airport
- Acme Airport (FAA ID: CEG2)
- Acme Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acme Airport
- Hanna Airport (FAA ID: CEL4)
- Hanna Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Munson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Munson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Munson), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Munson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Munson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Munson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Munson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5667, Longitude: -112.7500