Our Genealogy Helper for Morinville ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Morinville (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Morinville. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Morinville:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Morinville ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Morinville.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Morinville covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Bon Accord Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Legal Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Morinville.
- Legal Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Emile Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Legal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2221853<2>
- Alexander First Nations Cemetery
- St. Albert RC Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Poplar Lake Cemetery
- Emmanuel Anglican Church Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- Forest Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest Hill Cemetery
- Forest Hill Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Morinville.
- Forest Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Busby Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2326570<2>
- St. Michael's Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Mountain Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Morinville.
- Little Mountain Cemetery has also been known as:
- Little Mountain Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Mountain Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2327926<2>
- Beechmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beechmount Cemetery
- Beechmount Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Morinville.
- Beechmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Beechmont Cemetery
- Beechmount Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beechmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2205652<2>
- Evergreen Memorial Gardens
- Continue List (69 more) ...
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Morinville.
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Westlawn Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2169828<2>
- St. Joachim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joachim Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Morinville.
- St. Joachim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Joachim Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joachim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225480<2>
- Edmonton Municipal Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Morinville. See our List of 1890's Communities around Morinville.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Morinville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Morinville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Morinville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MorinvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Morinville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8000, Longitude: -113.6500 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|