Our Genealogy Helper for Metiskow ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Metiskow (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Metiskow. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Metiskow:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Metiskow ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Metiskow.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Metiskow covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Setting Sun Cemetery
- Sardis Lutheran Cemetery
- Cadogan Lutheran Cemetery
- Home Valley Cemetery
- Cadogan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cadogan Cemetery
- Cadogan Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Metiskow.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan Cemetery
- Czar Lutheran Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Cadogan West Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cadogan West Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Cadogan West Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Cadogan West Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Metiskow.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan West Cemetery
- Skyline Lutheran Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Metiskow.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lakeview Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2493057<1>
- Provost Cemetery
- Provost Mennonite Cemetery
- Brown Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brown Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Brown Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Brown Family Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Metiskow.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brown Family Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Cemetery
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
- Rosenheim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosenheim Cemetery
- Rosenheim Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Metiskow.
- Rosenheim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Norbert Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosenheim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2461258<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Metiskow. See our List of 1890's Communities around Metiskow.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Metiskow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Metiskow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Metiskow. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MetiskowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Metiskow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4087, Longitude: -110.6349 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|