When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to McRae.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from McRae. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to McRae.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- John G. Diefenbaker Intl. (YXE/CYXE)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YXE ICAO: CYXE
- Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport lies 256 miles [412 km]<2> miles to the southeast of McRae.
- Official website: https://skyxe.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Cold Lake Rgnl. (FAA ID: CEN5)
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 86 miles [138.4 km]<2> miles to the south of McRae.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Lloydminster Airport (YLL/CYLL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- St. Paul Airport (ZSP/CEW3)
- Lac La Biche Airport (YLB/CYLB)
- Bonnyville Airport (YBY/CYBF)
- Two Hills Airport (FAA ID: CEL6)
- Two Hills Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the south of McRae.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Boyle Airport (FAA ID: CFM7)
- Boyle Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of McRae.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boyle Airport
- Elk Pt. Airport (FAA ID: CEJ6)
- Elk Point Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the southeast of McRae.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elk Point Airport
- Chipman Airport (FAA ID: CFU3)
- Chipman Airport lies 57 miles [91.7 km]<2> miles to the southwest of McRae.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman Airport
- Vegreville Airport (FAA ID: CEV3)
- Vegreville Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of McRae.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vegreville Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for McRae. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to McRae), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- McRae) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McRae. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McRae
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in McRae. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.3567, Longitude: -111.7139