Our Genealogy Helper for Lougheed ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Lougheed (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Lougheed. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Lougheed:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Lougheed ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Lougheed.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Lougheed covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Lougheed Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lougheed Cemetery
- The Lougheed Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Lougheed.
- Lougheed Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lougheed Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lougheed Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968319<1>
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Lougheed.
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Lougheed.
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sedgewick Cemetery
- Sedgewick Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2436170<1>
- Merna United Church Cemetery
- Killam Cemetery
- Merna Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- High Mound Cemetery
- Jarrow Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jarrow Cemetery
- Jarrow Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Lougheed.
- Jarrow Cemetery has also been known as:
- Jarrow Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402786<1>
- God's Acre Cemetery
- Irma Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Irma Cemetery
- Irma Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Lougheed.
- Irma Cemetery has also been known as:
- Irma Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irma Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2371844<1>
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Lougheed.
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Pleasington Zion Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Galahad Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Galahad Cemetery
- Galahad Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Lougheed.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad Cemetery
- Continue List (28 more) ...
- Lake Olivia Cemetery
- Strome Catholic Cemetery
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Lougheed. See our List of 1890's Communities around Lougheed.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Lougheed
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lougheed. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lougheed) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lougheed. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LougheedOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lougheed. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7448, Longitude: -111.5463 |