Welcome to Lisburn ...
Although we found mention of Lisburn during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lisburn was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lisburn to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lisburn, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lisburn might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Lisburn would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Lisburn ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Lisburn - it's located in Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lisburn.
Communities near Lisburn ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lisburn.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evansburg
- Evansburg lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Lisburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Evansburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evansburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Evansburg<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peavine
- Peavine lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the north of Lisburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peavine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peavine
- Silver Sands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Sands
- Silver Sands lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Lisburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Sands
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- West Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Cove
- West Cove lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Lisburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gainford
- Gainford lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Lisburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gainford
- South View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South View
- South View lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Lisburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosmo
- Cosmo lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Lisburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosmo
- Rochfort Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochfort Bridge
- Rochfort Bridge lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Lisburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochfort Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherhill
- Cherhill lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Lisburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cherhill
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lisburn ...
Looking for more information about Lisburn? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lisburn, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lisburn.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Lisburn and then turned east". While Lisburn could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lisburn as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lisburn could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lisburn) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lisburn. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8474, Longitude: -114.8922 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|