Our Genealogy Helper for Lethbridge ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Lethbridge (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Lethbridge. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Lethbridge:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Lethbridge ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Lethbridge.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Lethbridge covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Mountain View Cemetery
- St. Patrick Cemetery
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
- Archmount Cemetery
- Temple Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Temple Hill Cemetery
- Temple Hill Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Lethbridge.
- Temple Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Raymond Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Temple Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2248933<1>
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huntsville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Lethbridge.
- Huntsville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Iron Springs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2424500<1>
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Lethbridge.
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Stirling Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Picture Butte.More precisely, Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km] to the north of Lethbridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Magrath Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Orton Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Lethbridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orton Cemetery
- Barnwell Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- Continue List (16 more) ...
- Holy Cross Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross Cemetery
- Holy Cross Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the west of Lethbridge.
- Holy Cross Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. MacLeod Holy Cross Cemetery
- Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2427812<1>
- Bowville Cemetery
- New Dayton Community Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Lethbridge. See our List of 1890's Communities around Lethbridge.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Lethbridge
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lethbridge: www.lethbridge.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lethbridge) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lethbridge. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LethbridgeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lethbridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6980, Longitude: -112.8116 |