When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Leo.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Leo. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Leo.
Large Airports ...
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 75 miles [120.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Castor Airport (FAA ID: CER2)
- Castor Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castor Airport
- Stettler Airport (FAA ID: CEJ3)
- Stettler Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stettler Airport
- Hanna Airport (FAA ID: CEL4)
- Hanna Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna Airport
- Forestburg Airport (FAA ID: CEF6)
- Forestburg Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forestburg Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Coronation Airport (YCT/CYCT)
- Drumheller Muni. (FAA ID: CEG4)
- Drumheller Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drumheller Municipal Airport
- Three Hills Airport (FAA ID: CEN3)
- Three Hills Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Airport
- Bashaw Airport (FAA ID: CFK2)
- Bashaw Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Leo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Leo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Leo), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Leo) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Leo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Leo
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Leo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0556, Longitude: -112.3605