Welcome to Kipp ...
Although we found mention of Kipp during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Kipp was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Kipp to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Kipp, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Kipp might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Kipp would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Kipp ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Kipp - it's located in Kansas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kipp.
Communities near Kipp ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kipp.
- Lethbridge (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Fort MacLeod (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Coalhurst (9 miles [14.5 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalhurst
- Coalhurst lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Kipp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coalhurst came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalhurst
- Picture Butte (15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Picture Butte
- Picture Butte lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Kipp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picture Butte
- Nobleford (5 miles [8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nobleford
- Nobleford lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Kipp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nobleford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nobleford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nobleford<4>
- Granum (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Shaughnessy (12 miles [19.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaughnessy
- Shaughnessy lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the east of Kipp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shaughnessy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaughnessy
- Barons (12 miles [19.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barons
- Barons lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Kipp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barons
- Diamond City (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond City
- Diamond City lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Kipp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond City
- Sunset Acres (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Acres
- Sunset Acres lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Kipp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Acres
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kipp ...
Looking for more information about Kipp? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Kipp, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Kipp.
Adding Kipp to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Kipp on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Kipp
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Kipp and then turned east". While Kipp could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Kipp as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Kipp could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kipp) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kipp. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8108, Longitude: -113.1173 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|