Our Genealogy Helper for Kapasiwin ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Kapasiwin (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Kapasiwin. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Kapasiwin:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Kapasiwin ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Kapasiwin.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Kapasiwin covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Wabamun Cemetery
- Smithfield Cemetery
- St. Dominic RC Cemetery
- Duffield Cemetery
- Highvale Cemetery
- Keephills Cemetery
- Darwell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Darwell Cemetery
- Darwell Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Kapasiwin.
- Darwell Cemetery has also been known as:
- Darwell County Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darwell Cemetery
- All Saints Cemetery
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- The Heatherdown United Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Onoway.To be precise, Heatherdown United Church Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the northeast of Kapasiwin.
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Heatherdown Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2404076<1>
- Lac Ste. Anne Cemetery
- Tomahawk Cemetery
- Burtonsville Cemetery
- Continue List (46 more) ...
- St. John Anglican Cemetery
- Inga Community Cemetery
- St. Francis of Assisi Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Francis of Assisi Cemetery
- The St. Francis of Assisi Cemetery is located in Saint Francis.Stated another way, St. Francis of Assisi Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of Kapasiwin.
- St. Francis of Assisi Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Francis of Assisi Roman Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Francis of Assisi Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2549478<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Kapasiwin. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kapasiwin.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kapasiwin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kapasiwin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kapasiwin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KapasiwinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kapasiwin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5500, Longitude: -114.4500 |