When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Jarvis Bay.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Jarvis Bay. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Jarvis Bay.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 106 miles [170.6 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hespero Airport (FAA ID: CFB3)
- Hespero Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the west of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hespero Airport
- Innisfail Airport (FAA ID: CEM4)
- Innisfail Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the south of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Innisfail Airport
- Lacombe Airport (FAA ID: CEG3)
- Lacombe Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe Airport
- Rimbey Airport (FAA ID: CFC7)
- Rimbey Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rimbey Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Ponoka Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEH3)
- Ponoka Industrial Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ponoka Industrial Airport
- Olds - Netook Airport (FAA ID: CFK6)
- Olds - Netook Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds - Netook Airport
- Rocky Mountain House Airport (YRM/CYRM)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YRM ICAO: CYRM
- Rocky Mountain House Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Jarvis Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Mountain House Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Jarvis Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Jarvis Bay), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Jarvis Bay) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jarvis Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Jarvis Bay
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jarvis Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3329, Longitude: -114.0731