When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Iron Springs.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Iron Springs. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Iron Springs.
Large Airports ...
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Kelowna Intl. (YLW/CYLW)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Lethbridge Co. Airport (YQL/CYQL)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YQL ICAO: CYQL
- Lethbridge County Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Iron Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lethbridge County Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Medicine Hat Airport (YXH/CYXH)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Taber Airport (FAA ID: CED5)
- Taber Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Iron Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taber Airport
- Vauxhall Airport (FAA ID: CEN6)
- Vauxhall Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Iron Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vauxhall Airport
- Fort Macleod Airport (FAA ID: CEY3)
- Fort Macleod Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Iron Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Macleod Airport
- Vulcan Airport (FAA ID: CFX6)
- Vulcan Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Iron Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vulcan Airport
- Claresholm Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEJ4)
- Claresholm Industrial Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Iron Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claresholm Industrial Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Iron Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Iron Springs), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Iron Springs) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Iron Springs. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Iron Springs
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Iron Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9281, Longitude: -112.6860