When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Hillsdown.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Hillsdown. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Hillsdown.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 93 miles [149.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Lacombe Airport (FAA ID: CEG3)
- Lacombe Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe Airport
- Innisfail Airport (FAA ID: CEM4)
- Innisfail Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Innisfail Airport
- Ponoka Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEH3)
- Ponoka Industrial Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ponoka Industrial Airport
- Bashaw Airport (FAA ID: CFK2)
- Bashaw Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Olds - Netook Airport (FAA ID: CFK6)
- Olds - Netook Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds - Netook Airport
- Stettler Airport (FAA ID: CEJ3)
- Stettler Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the east of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stettler Airport
- Hespero Airport (FAA ID: CFB3)
- Hespero Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hespero Airport
- Three Hills Airport (FAA ID: CEN3)
- Three Hills Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Hillsdown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hillsdown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Hillsdown), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hillsdown) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hillsdown. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hillsdown
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hillsdown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2304, Longitude: -113.5644