Around High Level ...
High Level is the largest city within a 50 mile [80 km] radius.
The next largest community is La Crete.
It is located about 34 miles [ km] to the southeast of High Level
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Bushe River 207
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bushe River 207
- Bushe River 207 lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southeast of High Level
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bushe River 207 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bushe River 207
- La Crete
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Crete
- La Crete lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the southeast of High Level
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Crete came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Crete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for La Crete<4>
- Upper Hay River 212
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Hay River 212
- Upper Hay River 212 lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the northwest of High Level
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Upper Hay River 212 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Hay River 212
Airports Near High Level ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to High Level and that information can be found on the Airports Page for High Level.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for High Level ...
Looking for more information about High Level? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for High Level. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for High Level, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for High Level.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for High Level: www.highlevel.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for High Level were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- High Level) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for High Level. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from High Level
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in High Level. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.5152, Longitude: -117.1404
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to High Level), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|