When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Heisler.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Heisler. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Heisler.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
- Lloydminster Airport (YLL/CYLL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Forestburg Airport (FAA ID: CEF6)
- Forestburg Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forestburg Airport
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport (FAA ID: CFR2)
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf - Blackwells Airport
- Killam - Sedgewick Airport (FAA ID: CEK6)
- Killam - Sedgewick Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Killam - Sedgewick Airport
- Bashaw Airport (FAA ID: CFK2)
- Bashaw Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Stettler Airport (FAA ID: CEJ3)
- Stettler Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stettler Airport
- Castor Airport (FAA ID: CER2)
- Castor Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castor Airport
- Hardisty Airport (FAA ID: CEA5)
- Hardisty Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardisty Airport
- Camrose Airport (FAA ID: CEQ3)
- Camrose Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Heisler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camrose Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Heisler. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Heisler), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Heisler) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Heisler. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Heisler
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Heisler. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6701, Longitude: -112.2239