Our Genealogy Helper for Grantham ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Grantham (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Grantham. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Grantham:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Grantham ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Grantham.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Grantham covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Retlaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Retlaw Cemetery
- Retlaw Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Grantham.
- Retlaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- Retlaw Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Retlaw Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2447796<2>
- Rolling Hills Cemetery
- Scandia Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- The Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Taber.To be precise, Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Grantham.
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery has also been known as:
- Taber Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2207513<2>
- Purple Springs Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Grantham.
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Prairie View Cemetery
- Prairieview Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2444907<2>
- Enchant Cemetery
- Barnwell Cemetery
- Burdett Community Cemetery
- Westview Cemetery of Grassy Lake
- Assumption Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption Cemetery
- The Assumption Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Grassy Lake.Assumption Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km] to the southeast of Grantham.
- Assumption Cemetery has also been known as:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery
- Assumption RC Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Catholic Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2214187<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Grantham. See our List of 1890's Communities around Grantham.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Grantham. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Grantham) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Grantham. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GranthamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Grantham. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.0698, Longitude: -112.0083 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|