Our Genealogy Helper for Frankburg ...
So far, we have found very little information about Frankburg. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Frankburg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Frankburg, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Frankburg (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Frankburg. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Frankburg:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Frankburg ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Frankburg.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Frankburg covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Frankburg Cemetery
- Blackie Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Highwood Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Frankburg.
- Highwood Cemetery has also been known as:
- High River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highwood Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2180755<2>
- Mt. View Mennonite Cemetery
- St. Cecilia RC Cemetery
- Nanton Town Cemetery
- Vulcan Cemetery
- Okotoks Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Okotoks Cemetery
- Okotoks Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Frankburg.
- Okotoks Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okotoks Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639341<2>
- Davisburg Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Davisburg Cemetery
- Davisburg Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Frankburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Davisburg Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the south of Frankburg.
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Vincent Catholic Cemetery
- St. Vincent Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Dalemead Cemetery
- Stavely Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stavely Cemetery
- The Stavely Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Stavely.To be precise, Stavely Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the south of Frankburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stavely Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2135597<2>
- Continue List (19 more) ...
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Frankburg. See our List of 1890's Communities around Frankburg.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Frankburg, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Frankburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Frankburg. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FrankburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Frankburg. We have been unable to find the coordinates for Frankburg. That said, to estimate its location, we are using the latitude and longitude of what we believe to be a nearby cemetery (likely the town cemetery). The cemetery that we've chosen is named Frankburg Cemetery and it is located at 50.5286, -113.6446 [Map].|