List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Fort Dunvegan (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- All Saints Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Belloy - Wanham Cemetery
- Berwyn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Berwyn Cemetery
- The Berwyn Cemetery is located outside and to the northeast of Berwyn.To be more precise, Berwyn Cemetery lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Fort Dunvegan.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwyn Cemetery
- Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Fort Dunvegan.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blueberry Mtn. Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2552580<2>
- Brownvale Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brownvale Cemetery
- Brownvale Cemetery lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Fort Dunvegan.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownvale Cemetery
- Eureka River Cemetery
- Friedenstal Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Friedenstal Catholic Cemetery
- Friedenstal Catholic Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Fort Dunvegan.
- Friedenstal Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Friedenstal RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Friedenstal Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2423312<2>
- Gordondale Cemetery
- Griffin Creek Women's Institute Cemetery
- Hinterland Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Immaculate Heart Cemetery
- Old Russian Cemetery
- Peace Grove Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Paul's / Royce Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Peter & St. Paul Cemetery
- Teepee Creek Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Fort Dunvegan, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Fort Dunvegan to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Fort Dunvegan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Need help with your genealogy? These are excellent websites to visit when searching in and around the area of Fort Dunvegan:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Fort Dunvegan.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fort Dunvegan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Dunvegan. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort DunveganOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Dunvegan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.9232, Longitude: -118.6040 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|