Our Genealogy Helper for Falun ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Falun (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Falun. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Falun:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Falun ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Falun.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Falun covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Dalby Swedish Lutheran Cemetery
- Emmaus Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Louis Bull Cemetery
- Ressurection Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ressurection Park Cemetery
- Ressurection Park Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Falun.
- Ressurection Park Cemetery has also been known as:
- Resurrection Park / Jehovah Witness Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ressurection Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2464415<1>
- Peace Hills Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Dakota United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dakota United Church Cemetery
- Dakota United Church Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Falun.
- Dakota United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dakota Cemetery
- Dakota Settlement Cemetery
- Dakota United Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dakota United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2513576<1>
- Continue List ...
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Fisherton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fisherton Cemetery
- Fisherton Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Falun.
- Fisherton Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fisherton Community Cemetery
- Fisherton / Rundle's Mission Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fisherton Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2580726<1>
- Millet Community Cemetery
- St. Norbert's Catholic Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church Cemetery
- Wiesenthal Baptist Church Cemetery
- Wetaskiwin Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wetaskiwin Cemetery
- Wetaskiwin Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Falun.
- Wetaskiwin Cemetery has also been known as:
- Old Wetaskiwin Cemetery
- Wetashiwin Cemetery
- Wetaskiwin City Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetaskiwin Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2144913<1>
- Wetaskiwin Memorial
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wetaskiwin Memorial
- Wetaskiwin Memorial lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Falun.
- Wetaskiwin Memorial has also been known as:
- Wetashiwin Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetaskiwin Memorial
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2277030<1>
- Forest Home Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Falun. See our List of 1890's Communities around Falun.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Falun. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Falun) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Falun. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FalunOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Falun. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9597, Longitude: -113.8249 |