Our Genealogy Helper for Fabyan ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Fabyan (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Fabyan. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Fabyan:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Fabyan ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Fabyan.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Fabyan covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Wainwright Cemetery
- Wainwright Public Cemetery
- Irma Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Irma Cemetery
- Irma Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the west of Fabyan.
- Irma Cemetery has also been known as:
- Irma Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irma Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2371844<2>
- Auburndale Cemetery
- Jarrow Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jarrow Cemetery
- Jarrow Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the west of Fabyan.
- Jarrow Cemetery has also been known as:
- Jarrow Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402786<2>
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Fabyan.
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Cemetery
- Edgerton Cemetery
- God's Acre Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the south of Fabyan.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lakeview Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2493057<2>
- Lougheed Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lougheed Cemetery
- The Lougheed Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Lougheed.Stated another way, Lougheed Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Fabyan.
- Lougheed Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lougheed Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lougheed Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968319<2>
- Continue List (19 more) ...
- High Mound Cemetery
- Lake Olivia Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the west of Fabyan.
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sedgewick Cemetery
- Sedgewick Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2436170<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Fabyan. See our List of 1890's Communities around Fabyan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Fabyan
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fabyan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fabyan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fabyan. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FabyanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fabyan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8816, Longitude: -110.9940 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|