Our Genealogy Helper for Donalda ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Donalda (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Donalda. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Donalda:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Donalda ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Donalda.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Donalda covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Donalda Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Donalda Cemetery
- The Donalda Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Donalda.
- Donalda Cemetery has also been known as:
- Donalda Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donalda Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2454924<1>
- Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Spruce Coulee Cemetery
- Ferry Point Church Cemetery
- Red Willow Cemetery
- Meeting Creek Cemetery
- Littlerock Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- St. Martin RC Cemetery
- Green View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Green View Cemetery
- Green View Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Donalda.
- Green View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Green View / Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Greenview Cemetery
- Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402527<1>
- Rosalind Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosalind Cemetery
- Rosalind Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Donalda.
- Rosalind Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Elizabeth of Prague Catholic Cemetery
- St. Elizabeth of Prague Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosalind Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2435765<1>
- Continue List (56 more) ...
- Melville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Melville Cemetery
- The Melville Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the north of Kelsey.Melville Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km] to the north of Donalda.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melville Cemetery
- Liberal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Liberal Cemetery
- Liberal Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Donalda.
- Liberal Cemetery has also been known as:
- Liberal Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liberal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2432001<1>
- Bashaw Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Donalda. See our List of 1890's Communities around Donalda.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Donalda
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Donalda. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Donalda) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Donalda. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DonaldaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Donalda. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5838, Longitude: -112.5756 |