When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Dickson.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Dickson. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Dickson.
Large Airports ...
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Innisfail Airport (FAA ID: CEM4)
- Innisfail Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Innisfail Airport
- Olds - Netook Airport (FAA ID: CFK6)
- Olds - Netook Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds - Netook Airport
- Hespero Airport (FAA ID: CFB3)
- Hespero Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hespero Airport
- Sundre Airport (FAA ID: CFN7)
- Sundre Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundre Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Olds - Didsbury Airport (FAA ID: CEA3)
- Olds - Didsbury Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds - Didsbury Airport
- Sundre / Goodwins Farm Airport (FAA ID: CFZ5)
- Sundre / Goodwins Farm Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundre / Goodwins Farm Airport
- Carstairs - Bishell's Airport (FAA ID: CGB2)
- Carstairs - Bishell's Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carstairs - Bishell's Airport
- Rocky Mountain House Airport (YRM/CYRM)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YRM ICAO: CYRM
- Rocky Mountain House Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Dickson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Mountain House Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dickson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dickson), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dickson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dickson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dickson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dickson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0500, Longitude: -114.3167