Our Genealogy Helper for Diamond City ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Diamond City (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Diamond City. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Diamond City:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Diamond City ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Diamond City.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Diamond City covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
- St. Patrick Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huntsville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Diamond City.
- Huntsville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Iron Springs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2424500<2>
- Archmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Archmount Cemetery
- The Archmount Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Lethbridge.Stated another way, Archmount Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Diamond City.
- Archmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Archmount Memorial Garden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146605<2>
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain View Cemetery
- The Mountain View Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located outside and to the southwest of Lethbridge.To be more precise, Mountain View Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Diamond City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146604<2>
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Picture Butte.To be more accurate, Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest of Diamond City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Bowville Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Orton Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Diamond City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orton Cemetery
- Temple Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Temple Hill Cemetery
- Temple Hill Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Diamond City.
- Temple Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Raymond Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Temple Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2248933<2>
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Diamond City.
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Stirling Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Barnwell Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Union Cemetery
- Union Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Diamond City.
- Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. MacLeod
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968318<2>
- Holy Cross Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross Cemetery
- Holy Cross Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Diamond City.
- Holy Cross Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. MacLeod Holy Cross Cemetery
- Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2427812<2>
- Magrath Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- The Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Taber.To be more accurate, Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Diamond City.
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery has also been known as:
- Taber Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2207513<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Diamond City. See our List of 1890's Communities around Diamond City.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Diamond City ...
While our initial data about Diamond City came from various goverment sources, we have found mention of Diamond City in old books and maps. When we do, we'll find a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Diamond City.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
SPV's Comprehensive Railroad Atlas of North America - Western Canada
(Available from Amazon.com)
Written by: Walker, Mike
Published by Steam Powered Video (SPV), 2006
for Diamond City. See our Misc Page for Diamond City for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Diamond City. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Diamond City) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Diamond City. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Diamond CityOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Diamond City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8133, Longitude: -112.7911 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|