Our Genealogy Helper for Coronado ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Coronado (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Coronado. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Coronado:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Coronado ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Coronado.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Coronado covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- Emmanuel Anglican Church Cemetery
- Bon Accord Cemetery
- Redwater Cemetery
- Redwater Cemetery
- Notre Dames De Lourdes Cemetery
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Coronado.
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. Saskatchewan Correctional Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2502353<1>
- Legal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Legal Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Coronado.
- Legal Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Emile Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Legal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2221853<1>
- Ft. Saskatchewan Cemetery
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- The Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Egremont.To be more accurate, Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the north of Coronado.
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Czesnoho Christa Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- St. Michael Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Sand Hills Church Cemetery
- Sandhills Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2547669<1>
- St. Demetrius Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Poplar Lake Cemetery
- Continue List (60 more) ...
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<2> to the north of Radway.To be more accurate, Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast of Coronado.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Marys Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2380583<1>
- Little Mountain Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Mountain Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Coronado.
- Little Mountain Cemetery has also been known as:
- Little Mountain Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Mountain Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2327926<1>
- Evergreen Memorial Gardens
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Coronado. See our List of 1890's Communities around Coronado.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coronado. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coronado) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coronado. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CoronadoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coronado. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8854, Longitude: -113.2980 |