When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Chipewyan Lake.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Chipewyan Lake. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Chipewyan Lake.
Large Airports ...
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
General Aviation Airports ...
- Chipewyan Lake Airport (FAA ID: CEG5)
- Chipewyan Lake Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Chipewyan Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipewyan Lake Airport
- Teepee Airport (FAA ID: CFM6)
- Teepee Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Chipewyan Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Teepee Airport
- Trout Lake Airport (FAA ID: CFB4)
- Trout Lake Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Chipewyan Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Lake Airport
- Jean Lake Airport (FAA ID: CFF3)
- Jean Lake Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Chipewyan Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jean Lake Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Loon River Airport (FAA ID: CFS6)
- Loon River Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Chipewyan Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loon River Airport
- Namur Lake Airport (FAA ID: CFB5)
- Namur Lake Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Chipewyan Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Namur Lake Airport
- Red Earth Creek Airport (FAA ID: CEH5)
- Red Earth Creek Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Chipewyan Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Earth Creek Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chipewyan Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Chipewyan Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Chipewyan Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chipewyan Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chipewyan Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chipewyan Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.9015, Longitude: -113.8351