When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Chinook.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Chinook. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Chinook.
Large Airports ...
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- John G. Diefenbaker Intl. (YXE/CYXE)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YXE ICAO: CYXE
- Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport lies 184 miles [296.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Chinook.
- Official website: https://skyxe.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Medicine Hat Airport (YXH/CYXH)
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 112 miles [180.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Chinook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Oyen Muni. (FAA ID: CED3)
- Oyen Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Chinook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oyen Municipal Airport
- Consort Airport (FAA ID: CFG3)
- Consort Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Chinook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Consort Airport
- Coronation Airport (YCT/CYCT)
- Hanna Airport (FAA ID: CEL4)
- Hanna Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the west of Chinook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna Airport
- Empress Airport (ICAO: CYEA)
- Provost Airport (FAA ID: CEH6)
- Provost Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Chinook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Provost Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chinook. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Chinook), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chinook) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chinook. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chinook
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chinook. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5756, Longitude: -110.9196