Our Genealogy Helper for Chin ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Chin (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Chin. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Chin:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Chin ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Chin.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Chin covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Barnwell Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- The Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Taber.To be more precise, Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Chin.
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery has also been known as:
- Taber Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2207513<2>
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huntsville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Chin.
- Huntsville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Iron Springs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2424500<2>
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
- St. Patrick Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain View Cemetery
- The Mountain View Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located outside and to the southwest of Lethbridge.To be more precise, Mountain View Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Chin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146604<2>
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Chin.
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Stirling Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Archmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Archmount Cemetery
- The Archmount Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Lethbridge.To be precise, Archmount Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Chin.
- Archmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Archmount Memorial Garden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146605<2>
- Temple Hill Cemetery
- Wrentham Cemetery
- Retlaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Retlaw Cemetery
- Retlaw Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Chin.
- Retlaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- Retlaw Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Retlaw Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2447796<2>
- New Dayton Community Cemetery
- Continue List (12 more) ...
- Purple Springs Cemetery
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Picture Butte.Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km] to the northwest of Chin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Enchant Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Chin. See our List of 1890's Communities around Chin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Chin
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ChinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7667, Longitude: -112.4500 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|