A visit to the Glenwood Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Glenwood Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Glenwood Cemetery (FAG ID #2217350)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Glenwood Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Glenwood Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Glenwood Cemetery
Lat: 53.5736° (53° 34' 24")
Lon: -116.4605° (-116° 27' 37")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Glenwood Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Glenwood Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 7 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Glenwood Cemetery.
- Carrot Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carrot Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carrot Creek
- Carrot Creek lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the east of Glenwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carrot Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haddock
- Haddock lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Glenwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haddock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marlboro came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marlboro
- Marlboro lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Glenwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marlboro
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Niton Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Niton Junction came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Niton Junction
- Niton Junction lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Glenwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Niton Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peers
- Peers lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the east of Glenwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peers
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pinedale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinedale
- Pinedale lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Glenwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinedale
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
While our initial data for the Glenwood Cemetery came from goverment sources, we have also found mention of the Glenwood Cemetery elsewhere. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we continue our research. We've created the following list to keep track of the sources we found useful in our research about the Glenwood Cemetery.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: FAG ID #2217350
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Glenwood Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5736, Longitude: -116.4605
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|