Our Genealogy Helper for Caslan ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Caslan (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Caslan. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Caslan:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Caslan ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Caslan.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Caslan covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Boyle Municipal Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Caslan.
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Alphonsus Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Grassland Cemetery
- Donatville RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Donatville RC Cemetery
- Donatville RC Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Caslan.
- Donatville RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Donatville Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donatville RC Cemetery
- Bluejay - Charron Community Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Caslan.
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery has also been known as:
- Amber Valley Cemetery
- Amber Valley / Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2302070<2>
- Cash Creek Cemetery
- Lac La Biche Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lac La Biche Community Cemetery
- Lac La Biche Community Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Caslan.
- Lac La Biche Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lac la Biche Mission Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lac La Biche Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2559940<2>
- Mother of Perpetual Help Cemetery
- Ferguson District Cemetery
- Willow Park Cemetery
- Holy Spirit Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Continue List (12 more) ...
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the south of Caslan.
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Paraskevia Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2370763<2>
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Caslan. See our List of 1890's Communities around Caslan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Caslan
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caslan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Caslan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Caslan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CaslanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caslan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.6317, Longitude: -112.5117 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|