Our Genealogy Helper for Carmangay ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Carmangay (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Carmangay. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Carmangay:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Carmangay ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Carmangay.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Carmangay covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Champion Cemetery
- Alston Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alston Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Alston Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Alston Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the west of Carmangay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alston Cemetery
- Bowville Cemetery
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Picture Butte.To be more precise, Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast of Carmangay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Five Mile Peace Lutheran Cemetery
- Reid Hill Cemetery
- Vulcan Cemetery
- Claresholm Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Carmangay.
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Vincent Catholic Cemetery
- St. Vincent Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huntsville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Carmangay.
- Huntsville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Iron Springs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2424500<2>
- Stavely Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stavely Cemetery
- The Stavely Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Stavely.To be more precise, Stavely Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Carmangay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stavely Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2135597<2>
- Granum Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Granum Cemetery
- The Granum Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Granum.Stated another way, Granum Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Carmangay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Granum Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225492<2>
- Continue List (16 more) ...
- Lomond Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Orton Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the south of Carmangay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orton Cemetery
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Carmangay. See our List of 1890's Communities around Carmangay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Carmangay
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carmangay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carmangay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carmangay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarmangayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carmangay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1351, Longitude: -113.1050 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|