List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Carbon (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Acme Cemetery
- The Acme Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Acme.
- More accurately, Acme Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the west of Carbon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Acme Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acme Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2295690<2>
- Airdrie Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Carstairs.
- Stated another way, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 33 miles [53.1 km] to the west of Carbon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Delia Cemetery
- Drumheller Municipal Cemetery
- Elnora Cemetery
- Mayton Cemetery
- Mayton Cemetery lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Carbon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mayton Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayton Cemetery
- Meehan Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Mt. Davis Cemetery
- Munson Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Carbon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosebud Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud Cemetery
- Rowley Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Sarcee Butte Cemetery
- Standard Cemetery
- Strathmore Cemetery
- Swalwell Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Wimborne Cemetery
- Zion United Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Carbon, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Carbon to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Carbon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Carbon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Working on your genealogy? We recommend a visit to these websites when searching in and around the area of Carbon:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Carbon.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carbon) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carbon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carbon
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carbon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4847, Longitude: -113.1471
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|