Our Genealogy Helper for Calahoo ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Calahoo (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Calahoo. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Calahoo:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Calahoo ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Calahoo.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Calahoo covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Alexander First Nations Cemetery
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- The Heatherdown United Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Onoway.To be precise, Heatherdown United Church Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the southwest of Calahoo.
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Heatherdown Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2404076<2>
- St. John Anglican Cemetery
- Lac Ste. Anne Cemetery
- Epiphany Lutheran of Sion Cemetery
- St. Albert RC Cemetery
- St. Luke's Anglican of Sion Cemetery
- Sion United Church Cemetery
- Forest Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest Hill Cemetery
- Forest Hill Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Calahoo.
- Forest Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Busby Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2326570<2>
- Rich Valley Cemetery
- Inga Community Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southeast of Calahoo.
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Westlawn Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2169828<2>
- Continue List (64 more) ...
- Our Lady of Lourdes Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Poplar Lake Cemetery
- Smithfield Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Smithfield Cemetery
- Smithfield Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Calahoo.
- Smithfield Cemetery has also been known as:
- Smithfield / Wabamum Cemetery
- Wabamum Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smithfield Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2546843<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Calahoo. See our List of 1890's Communities around Calahoo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Calahoo
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Calahoo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Calahoo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Calahoo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CalahooOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Calahoo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7157, Longitude: -113.9590 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|