When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Buck Lake.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Buck Lake. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Buck Lake.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Drayton Valley Airport (FAA ID: CER3)
- Drayton Valley Industrial Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Buck Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drayton Valley Industrial Airport
- Rimbey Airport (FAA ID: CFC7)
- Rimbey Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Buck Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rimbey Airport
- Rocky Mountain House Airport (YRM/CYRM)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YRM ICAO: CYRM
- Rocky Mountain House Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the south of Buck Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Mountain House Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Hespero Airport (FAA ID: CFB3)
- Hespero Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Buck Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hespero Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Ponoka Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEH3)
- Ponoka Industrial Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Buck Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ponoka Industrial Airport
- Lacombe Airport (FAA ID: CEG3)
- Lacombe Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Buck Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe Airport
- Wetaskiwin Rgnl. (FAA ID: CEX3)
- Wetaskiwin Regional Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the east of Buck Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetaskiwin Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Buck Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Buck Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Buck Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Buck Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Buck Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Buck Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9379, Longitude: -114.8371