Our Genealogy Helper for Bon Accord ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Bon Accord (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Bon Accord. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bon Accord:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Bon Accord ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bon Accord.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bon Accord covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Bon Accord Cemetery
- Emmanuel Anglican Church Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Legal Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Bon Accord.
- Legal Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Emile Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Legal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2221853<1>
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Bon Accord.
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. Saskatchewan Correctional Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2502353<1>
- Notre Dames De Lourdes Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Poplar Lake Cemetery
- Ft. Saskatchewan Cemetery
- Redwater Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Mountain Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the south of Bon Accord.
- Little Mountain Cemetery has also been known as:
- Little Mountain Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Mountain Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2327926<1>
- Evergreen Memorial Gardens
- St. Albert RC Cemetery
- Continue List (57 more) ...
- Redwater Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Redwater Cemetery
- The Redwater Cemetery is located outside and to the east of Redwater.To be more accurate, Redwater Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Bon Accord.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redwater Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2496032<1>
- St. Michael's Cemetery
- Beechmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beechmount Cemetery
- Beechmount Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Bon Accord.
- Beechmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Beechmont Cemetery
- Beechmount Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beechmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2205652<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bon Accord. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bon Accord.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bon Accord. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bon Accord) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bon Accord. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bon AccordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bon Accord. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8333, Longitude: -113.4167 |