When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Battle Bend.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Battle Bend. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Battle Bend.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- John G. Diefenbaker Intl. (YXE/CYXE)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YXE ICAO: CYXE
- Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport lies 201 miles [323.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Battle Bend.
- Official website: https://skyxe.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Battle Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Lloydminster Airport (YLL/CYLL)
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hardisty Airport (FAA ID: CEA5)
- Hardisty Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Battle Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardisty Airport
- Coronation Airport (YCT/CYCT)
- Castor Airport (FAA ID: CER2)
- Castor Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Battle Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castor Airport
- Forestburg Airport (FAA ID: CEF6)
- Forestburg Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Battle Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forestburg Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Killam - Sedgewick Airport (FAA ID: CEK6)
- Killam - Sedgewick Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Battle Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Killam - Sedgewick Airport
- Wainwright Airport (YWV/CYWV)
- Consort Airport (FAA ID: CFG3)
- Consort Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Battle Bend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Consort Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Battle Bend. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Battle Bend), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Battle Bend) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Battle Bend. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Battle Bend
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Battle Bend. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4341, Longitude: -111.4443