Welcome to Dover ...
Although we found mention of Dover during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Dover was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Dover to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dover, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Dover might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Dover would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Dover ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 58 communities that are also named Dover - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa (3), Kansas (2), Kentucky, Maine (2), Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan (3), Minnesota, Mississippi (2), Missouri (2), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina (3), North Dakota, Nova Scotia, Ohio (3), Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina (2), South Dakota, Tennessee (2), Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia (2) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dover.
Communities near Dover ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dover.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montague
- Montague lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Dover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Montague came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montague
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Montague<4>
- Murray Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abney
- Abney lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Dover
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abney
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caledonia
- Caledonia lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Dover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caledonia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caledonia
- Saint Marys Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Marys Road
- Saint Marys Road lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Dover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Marys Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Marys Road
- Milltown Cross
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Milltown Cross
- Milltown Cross lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Dover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Milltown Cross came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Milltown Cross
- White Sands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sands
- White Sands lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Dover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White Sands came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sands
- Wood Islands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wood Islands
- Wood Islands lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Dover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wood Islands came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wood Islands
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wood Islands<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dover ...
Looking for more information about Dover? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dover, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dover.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Prince Edward Island
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Dover and then turned west". While Dover could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Dover as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dover could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dover) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dover. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0167, Longitude: -62.6500 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|