Welcome to Ashton ...
Although we found mention of Ashton during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Ashton was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Ashton to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ashton, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Ashton might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Ashton would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Ashton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 31 communities that are also named Ashton - they are located in Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia (2), Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Louisiana, Maryland (2), Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri (2), Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Ontario (3), Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ashton.
Communities near Ashton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ashton.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montague
- Montague lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Ashton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Montague came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montague
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Montague<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Souris
- Souris lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Ashton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Souris came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Souris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Souris<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Saint Peters Bay
- Mount Stewart
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Stewart
- Mount Stewart lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Ashton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mount Stewart came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Stewart
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mount Stewart<4>
- Dingwells Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dingwells Mills
- Dingwells Mills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Ashton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dingwells Mills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dingwells Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monticello
- Monticello lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Ashton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Monticello came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monticello
- Albion Cross
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Albion Cross
- Albion Cross lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Ashton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Cross
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ashton ...
Looking for more information about Ashton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ashton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ashton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Prince Edward Island
About Prince Edward Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Prince Edward Island: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Ashton and then turned west". While Ashton could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Ashton as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ashton could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ashton) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ashton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.4167, Longitude: -62.5000 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|