Welcome to Mcleodville ...
Although we found mention of Mcleodville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Mcleodville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Mcleodville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mcleodville, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Mcleodville might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities near Mcleodville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Mcleodville.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brampton
- Brampton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Mcleodville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brampton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brampton<4>
- Halton Hills
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mono
- Mono lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Mcleodville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mono came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mono
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mono<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cataract
- Cataract lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Mcleodville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cataract
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salem
- Salem lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Mcleodville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salem
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belfountain
- Belfountain lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Mcleodville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belfountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belfountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blount
- Blount lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Mcleodville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blount
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Mcleodville ...
Looking for more information about Mcleodville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Mcleodville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Mcleodville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Mcleodville and then turned west". While Mcleodville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Mcleodville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Mcleodville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mcleodville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mcleodville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McleodvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mcleodville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8864, Longitude: -80.0336 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|