Our Genealogy Helper for McAlpine Corners ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about McAlpine Corners (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for McAlpine Corners. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for McAlpine Corners ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for McAlpine Corners: McAlpine Cors.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to McAlpine Corners:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near McAlpine Corners ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of McAlpine Corners.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for McAlpine Corners covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Emmanuel United Church Cemetery
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Ignatius Martyr Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2249893<1>
- Grace Cemetery
- Lake Saint Peter Cemetery
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Carlow United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Carlow United Cemetery
- Carlow United Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of McAlpine Corners.
- Carlow United Cemetery has also been known as:
- Carlow White Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlow United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2606345<1>
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Our Lady of Mercy Parish Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Our Lady of Mercy Parish Cemetery
- Our Lady of Mercy Parish Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of McAlpine Corners.
- Our Lady of Mercy Parish Cemetery has also been known as:
- Our Lady of Mercy RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Our Lady of Mercy Parish Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2418186<1>
- St. George Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. George Cemetery
- St. George Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the south of McAlpine Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. George Cemetery
- Grace United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grace United Church Cemetery
- The Grace United Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of L'Amable.Grace United Church Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast of McAlpine Corners.
- Grace United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Detlor United Church Cemetery
- Grace United Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grace United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2368697<1>
- Deer Lake Cemetery
- St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Sabine RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- St. Sabine RC Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northwest of McAlpine Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- McGillivray Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the McGillivray Cemetery
- McGillivray Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southwest of McAlpine Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGillivray Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around McAlpine Corners. See our List of 1890's Communities around McAlpine Corners.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for McAlpine Corners. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- McAlpine Corners) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McAlpine Corners. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McAlpine CornersOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in McAlpine Corners. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.2306, Longitude: -77.8668 |