Welcome to Lieury ...
Although we found mention of Lieury during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lieury was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lieury to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lieury, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lieury might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Lieury would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Lieury ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lieury.
- Lambton Shores
- Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ailsa Craig
- Ailsa Craig lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Lieury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corbett
- Corbett lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Lieury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Corbett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corbett
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenway
- Greenway lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Lieury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Khiva
- Khiva lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Lieury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Khiva came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Khiva
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nairn
- Nairn lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Lieury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nairn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shipka
- Shipka lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Lieury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shipka came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shipka
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bornish
- Bornish lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Lieury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bornish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlisle
- Carlisle lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Lieury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlisle
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lieury ...
Looking for more information about Lieury? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lieury, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lieury.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Lieury and then turned west". While Lieury could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lieury as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lieury could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lieury) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lieury. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LieuryOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lieury. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.1983, Longitude: -81.6033 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|