Welcome to Larkins ...
Although we found mention of Larkins during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Larkins was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Larkins to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Larkins, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Larkins might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you leave Larkins and travel west, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Larkins would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Larkins ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Larkins - it's located in Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Larkins.
Communities near Larkins ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Larkins.
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Larkins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bogart
- Bogart lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Larkins
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bogart
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Otter Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otter Creek
- Otter Creek lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Larkins
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Otter Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stoco
- Stoco lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Larkins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stoco came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stoco
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chapman
- Chapman lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Larkins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chapman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chapman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hungerford
- Hungerford lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Larkins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hungerford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hungerford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moneymore
- Moneymore lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Larkins
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moneymore
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Larkins ...
Looking for more information about Larkins? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Larkins, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Larkins.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Larkins and then turned west". While Larkins could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Larkins as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Larkins could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Larkins) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Larkins. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LarkinsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Larkins. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4514, Longitude: -77.1900 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|