Welcome to Hazzards Corners ...
Although we found mention of Hazzards Corners during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hazzards Corners was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hazzards Corners to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hazzards Corners, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Hazzards Corners: Hazzards Cors.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hazzards Corners might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you leave Hazzards Corners and travel west, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Hazzards Corners would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Hazzards Corners ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hazzards Corners.
- Fox Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Corners
- Fox Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hazzards Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooper
- Cooper lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Hazzards Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooper
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Keller Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keller Bridge
- Keller Bridge lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Hazzards Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keller Bridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keller Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bannockburn
- Bannockburn lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Hazzards Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bannockburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Malone
- Malone lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Hazzards Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malone
- Lodgeroom Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodgeroom Corners
- Lodgeroom Corners lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Hazzards Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodgeroom Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodgeroom Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deloro
- Deloro lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Hazzards Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deloro
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hazzards Corners ...
Looking for more information about Hazzards Corners? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hazzards Corners, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hazzards Corners.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Hazzards Corners and then turned east". While Hazzards Corners could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hazzards Corners as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hazzards Corners could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hazzards Corners) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hazzards Corners. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hazzards CornersOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hazzards Corners. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5647, Longitude: -77.4681 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|