Welcome to Graphite ...
Although we found mention of Graphite during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Graphite was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Graphite to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Graphite, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Graphite might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel south from Graphite, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Graphite would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Graphite ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Graphite - they are located in Alabama, New York and North Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Graphite.
Communities near Graphite ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Graphite.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenview
- Greenview lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Graphite
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenview
- Maple Leaf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Leaf
- Maple Leaf lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Graphite
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Leaf
- Scotch Bush
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotch Bush
- Scotch Bush lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Graphite
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scotch Bush
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bird's Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bird's Creek
- Bird's Creek lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Graphite
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bird's Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Musclow
- Musclow lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Graphite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Musclow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musclow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughes
- Hughes lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Graphite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hughes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maxwell
- Maxwell lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Graphite
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maxwell
- New Carlow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Carlow
- New Carlow lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Graphite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Carlow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Carlow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vardy
- Vardy lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Graphite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vardy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vardy
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Graphite ...
Looking for more information about Graphite? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Graphite, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Graphite.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Graphite and then turned west". While Graphite could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Graphite as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Graphite could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Graphite) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Graphite. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GraphiteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Graphite. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.2061, Longitude: -77.8831 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|