Our Genealogy Helper for Goldenburgh ...
So far, we have found very little information about Goldenburgh. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Goldenburgh to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Goldenburgh, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Goldenburgh (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Goldenburgh. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Goldenburgh:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Michigan
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Goldenburgh ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Goldenburgh.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Goldenburgh covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Bellingham United Church Cemetery
- Pine Grove Cemetery
- Forest Lawn / Thessalon RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest Lawn / Thessalon RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Forest Lawn / Thessalon RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Forest Lawn / Thessalon RC Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Goldenburgh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Lawn / Thessalon RC Cemetery
- Sunset Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sunset Cemetery
- Sunset Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Goldenburgh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Cemetery
- Cloudslee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cloudslee Cemetery
- The Cloudslee Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in the vicinity of CloudsleeTo be more precise, Cloudslee Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Goldenburgh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cloudslee Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2330249<2>
- Mt. Zion / Sands Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Zion / Sands Cemetery
- Mt. Zion / Sands Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Goldenburgh.
- Mt. Zion / Sands Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sands Cemetery
- Sands / Mt. Zion Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Zion / Sands Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2520207<2>
- Continue List ...
- Humphrey Maple Grove Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Humphrey Maple Grove Cemetery
- Humphrey Maple Grove Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Goldenburgh.
- Humphrey Maple Grove Cemetery has also been known as:
- Humpheries Cemetery
- Humphery Cemetery
- Humphries Cemetery
- Maple Grove Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Humphrey Maple Grove Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2459686<2>
- Rock Lake Cemetery
- Bruce Mines Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bruce Mines Cemetery
- Bruce Mines Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the west of Goldenburgh.
- Bruce Mines Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bruce Mines / Trunk Road Cemetery
- Trunk Road Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce Mines Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2459997<2>
- Plummer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plummer Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Plummer Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Plummer Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Goldenburgh.
- Plummer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Finlaysons Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plummer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2403235<2>
- Bruce Mines / Taylor Street Cemetery
- Hillside Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hillside Cemetery
- Hillside Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Goldenburgh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillside Cemetery
- Poplar Dale Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- St. Boniface Catholic Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Goldenburgh. See our List of 1890's Communities around Goldenburgh.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Goldenburgh, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Goldenburgh) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Goldenburgh. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GoldenburghOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Goldenburgh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.3512, Longitude: -83.3476 |
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|