Welcome to Copper Cliff ...
Copper Cliff is 860 feet [262 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Copper Cliff lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Copper Cliff: (705) & (249)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Copper Cliff: P0M<3>
Communities Also Named Copper Cliff ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Copper Cliff - it's located in Montana.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Copper Cliff.
Communities near Copper Cliff ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Copper Cliff.
- Greater Sudbury
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Sudbury
- Greater Sudbury lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Copper Cliff
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Sudbury came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Sudbury
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brodie
- Brodie lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Copper Cliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brodie
- Cambrian Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cambrian Heights
- Cambrian Heights lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Copper Cliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cambrian Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lively
- Lively lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Copper Cliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lively
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mikkola
- Mikkola lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Copper Cliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mikkola
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Azilda
- Azilda lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Copper Cliff
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Azilda came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Azilda
- Creighton - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Creighton
- Creighton was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Copper Cliff
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Creighton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Creighton has also been known as:
- Creighton Mine
- Frood Mine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frood Mine
- Frood Mine lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Copper Cliff
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frood Mine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frood Mine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nickeldale
- Nickeldale lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Copper Cliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nickeldale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Copper Cliff ...
Looking for more information about Copper Cliff? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Copper Cliff, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Copper Cliff.
Adding Copper Cliff to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Copper Cliff was on a map titled Road Map for Ontario (from Shell Oil, 1955).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Copper Cliff on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Copper Cliff. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Copper Cliff - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Copper Cliff, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Copper Cliff). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Copper Cliff or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Copper Cliff) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Copper Cliff. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Copper CliffOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Copper Cliff. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.4667, Longitude: -81.0667 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|