Welcome to Brimstone ...
Although we found mention of Brimstone during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brimstone was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brimstone to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brimstone, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brimstone might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities Also Named Brimstone ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Brimstone - they are located in Louisiana, Montana and Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brimstone.
Communities near Brimstone ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brimstone.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brampton
- Brampton lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Brimstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brampton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brampton<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caledon
- Caledon lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Brimstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caledon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caledon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caledon<4>
- Halton Hills
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mono
- Mono lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Brimstone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mono came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mono
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mono<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Binkham
- Binkham lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Brimstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Binkham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Claude
- Claude lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Brimstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claude
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferndale
- Ferndale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Brimstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferndale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brimstone ...
Looking for more information about Brimstone? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brimstone, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brimstone.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brimstone and then turned west". While Brimstone could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brimstone as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brimstone could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brimstone) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brimstone. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrimstoneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brimstone. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8081, Longitude: -80.0000 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|